Friday, January 20, 2017

Storybook Favorites

While browsing through the storybooks, I ran across a lot of great ideas. It’s amazing how creative people can be when given the opportunity to write about things that interest them! Of all the storybooks, the first three I found interesting were the ones I picked to write about for this post.

The first storybook that I ran across that caught my attention was Not to Touch the Earth. The introduction was great, and almost chilling, which drew me into the mix of things and got me wanting to read more. I liked the color scheme and the layout of the storybook because I think it goes well with the theme of the rest of the storybook. The images in this storybook definitely added to the creepy tone of the storybook, which I thought was a great way to keep people interested.  I look forward to reading the rest of the great work on this storybook as the semester continues on.

Post-apocalyptic city by Ty'Onah Gallman; Flickr

The second storybook that I found interesting was The Trickster of OU. I loved the way this storybook used traditional mythology tricksters and applied them to a modern day example, in this case, playing pranks on OU’s campus. I think telling these stories from OUPD’s perspective is a unique idea because, of course, they would be the people right in the middle of it all trying to figure out who the culprit is. The use of narration is evident in this storybook, which I find to be a great method in telling stories. I also found the layout, color scheme, and font of the storybook to flow well together, making it an enjoyable one to read. I can’t wait to read the rest of the stories!

The third storybook that drew my attention was The Real Veggie Tales. I mean, the original movie is definitely a classic, so the title is what mainly caught my eye. After reading the introduction, I found that this is definitely one that I would continue to read. It offers perspectives from different vegetables as they struggle to be wanted to be eaten. I think this storybook is a fantastic idea, and like the others I have mentioned, I think the title and layout of this storybook goes well with the theme that’s apparent throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15 Review: Staying Creative

My favorite item from some of the recent announcements is this picture showing 29 different ways to remain creative. 29 ways to stay cre...