Saturday, January 21, 2017

Time Strategies

With there being only 24 hours in a day, I feel like time management is a crucial aspect of success that some people fail to realize the importance of. Regardless, it's a skill that almost everyone could work on and perfect, especially if they have ambitious goals of being very successful. I read the article, The Important Habit of Just Starting, and found some things that I could work on myself. Sometimes, I struggle to start my work too, and most of the time, that's the main reason for my procrastination. It's the source of most of the stress I encounter on a daily basis.

Time's always ticking!; Wikimedia

One of my goals this semester is to actually keep a solid schedule that prompts me to either do school work, go to the gym, or just take some time for myself. I feel like having a schedule to help me stay on track would be the best thing for me to do in order to manage my time. I would feel more obligated to do it and checking things off my list would give me a sense of accomplishment which would motivate me further. I also need to find better places to study besides my apartment because there are a lot of things here that are distracting. From my bed, to the tv, and even the food in my fridge, all are a source of distraction that stop me from getting work done in a timely manner. Going the the library would be much better because I'm in an environment that facilitates studying and getting work done. These are the two things that I think would help me the most in staying focused and on task throughout the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 15 Review: Staying Creative

My favorite item from some of the recent announcements is this picture showing 29 different ways to remain creative. 29 ways to stay cre...