Saturday, January 21, 2017

Famous Last Words: Week 1

Getting back into the swing of things was a little rough this week, but it feels like I've finally settled into the semester. It's always a struggle getting a feel for classes, getting books, and figuring out a schedule that works during the first week of classes so it's a relief when that first weekend comes around and I finally have a chance to stop and breathe. I'm taking 16 credits this semester: some are gen-eds and fairly easy, while others (Physics 2) are going to take the bulk of my time to study for. I would've liked to get ahead in the class this week since I found a lot of success in working ahead in the Epics of India course, but I wasn't able to. My goal is to be at least a week ahead by the time we get a month into the semester. That way, if I run into a rough week where I'm short on time, I don't have to worry about missing points or assignments in this class. It shouldn't be too difficult, I just need to sit down this next week, and really dig in and focus. I'm looking forward to all the interesting readings that I'm bound to encounter in this class! I remember that being my favorite part about the Epics of India course and it really made the class enjoyable. Besides that, it'll be nice to graduate this May and not have to worry about school for a while!

On another note outside of school, President Trump just got inaugurated. I can't say I'm thrilled to see him be at the helm of our country, but I do hope he succeeds in being a good president. I wouldn't want him to fail miserably because that would mean that as a nation, we would be failing. I guess only time will tell how things end up playing out and falling into place!

Presidential Seal; Flickr

3 comments:

  1. Parth,
    Thank you for adding your famous last words, the presidential camapaign was truly one for the books and I agree with you that only time will tell how things will shape up. I think that no matter what side you’re on, left side, right side, whatever, every single person in the United States wants to move forward and that is exactly what we all hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It's amazing how our last semesters are supposed to easy breezy and yet we're adding more to our load just to get done quicker! I'm not quite done this semester, but I know this next Fall will be just about the same as you, just shy of one class. I hope you were able to work ahead in this course as well as your others, I'm sure it's tough to juggle them all. Like I commented in your intro, good luck with this semester and beyond, I know you'll do great things!
    As for Trump, I agree in terms of hoping he doesn't fail us. At this point, that's all we can do. No bad blood in disagreeing if you're completely against him or for him, with what you said, we should stand as a nation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I've already commented on your introduction, I felt like looking back at this January post would be cool. And WOW... how time flies... The beginning of semester struggles that you described literally feel like yesterday to me. Physics 2 was definitely a tough class depending on the teacher. My favorite were the labs for physics, not the actual physics lectures. I hope your semester ended up being great!

    ReplyDelete

Week 15 Review: Staying Creative

My favorite item from some of the recent announcements is this picture showing 29 different ways to remain creative. 29 ways to stay cre...