Monday, March 13, 2017

Tech Tip: Blog Profile

For this assignment, I completely removed the profile on the sidebar. I didn't think it was necessary to keep and thought it took away from the main point of the blog, which are the stories and other posts. Other than that, I like how my blog is set up so I didn't change anything else!

I think online identity is important. There's also a lot of potentially vulnerable information posted online that almost anyone can access these days due to technology. That being said, I think the less information stored online, the better. It's also good to frame your online identity in the way you want others to perceive you. It's one of the keys for getting a good job since potential employers are known to search social media to see what kind of person you are. So in summary, it's good to limit the type of information included in your online identity to the things that really matter (which is different for everyone).

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!
    I could not agree more about too much vulnerable information being online. Sometimes this day and age scares me because I do not like not knowing how things work – and I do not understand computers well at all. My information could be all over the place and I would have no clue!
    Thank you for your tip about limiting information on your online identity – always a good tip!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Week 15 Review: Staying Creative

My favorite item from some of the recent announcements is this picture showing 29 different ways to remain creative. 29 ways to stay cre...