Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Week 8 Reflection

Hey all, I hope everyone's semester is going well so far! I've enjoyed this class as the semester has gone on and am looking forward to reading more great stories. I decided to take this class as a follow-up to Epics of India, and I have to say, I have not been disappointed. I think the reading notes are extremely helpful in the sense that they help get ideas flowing through the brain. When I read stories each week for the reading notes, I automatically start thinking to myself about the different ideas and styles that I can use in my own stories. Needless to say, I think it's an integral part of this course that helps students write great, successful stories. I think my favorite reading so far has been about the immortal monkey king, Sun Wu Kung, and his extremely eventful life.

I'm pretty happy with the stories I have written so far this semester. They could all use some improvement, but with all the excellent feedback I have been receiving, I think everyone plays a big part in how great the stories ultimately turn out. As a writer, I've learned that it helps my relax and unwind. It's one of the assignments that I actually enjoy doing out of all the classes I'm taking this semester. There's just something about stories that I think can be extremely moving and influential and that's why I think I love reading for fun so much. They have the ability to take the reader some place else and just entertain people. I'm really looking forward to reading the Native American units in the upcoming weeks because I know they think really abstractly which makes me want to think outside the box more. I can't wait to finish off the semester strong and read more amazing stories as the semester comes to an end!

Writing; Pixabay

1 comment:

  1. I also read about Sun Wu Kung and really enjoyed those stories as well! I definitely agree with you about the reading notes; they help to focus my mind when I am reading and not just skim. That is cool that you liked Epics of India so much that you decided to take this class. This is my first class where I have had to write so much, but it is definitely interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Week 15 Review: Staying Creative

My favorite item from some of the recent announcements is this picture showing 29 different ways to remain creative. 29 ways to stay cre...